The Saudi coalition has been bombing and blockading Yemen for almost six years now, creating the worst humanitarian crisis in the world. The U.S. has supplied the Saudis with critical material and logistical support throughout the war, ensuring that the conflict continues as long as it continues to profit American contractors and weapons manufacturers.
DSA has joined an international call to protest the war on Yemen on January 25th, 2021. We are encouraging local chapters to organize an action on that day or in the days leading up to it.
What can I do?
- Sign up as a local organizer for the day of action
- Sign on as a chapter or committee to the joint statement of participating organizations
- Organize a social media or call-in campaign targeting local decision-makers
- Organize an in-person action or bring a DSA contingent to an existing action
- Organizing a teach-in, virtual meeting with a representative, or another online action
No matter what you organize, be sure to document your event so we can boost it and celebrate it on DSA social media in the following days.
- Find nearby events or register your own here
- The Yemeni Alliance Committee’s educational resources and social media toolkit
- Our Yemen 101 poli-ed document and our past work on Yemen
- Red Rabbits security resources
Connect with us
The International Committee’s Anti-War Subcommittee is connecting DSA organizers with each other so that we can coordinate and share resources between chapters. They are also developing:
- Talking points and DSA-branded social media materials
- Tools for planning local actions, identifying targets, and power mapping your chapter
Please email us at [email protected] with any questions.